KT Tape Charity Series: Red White & Blue Challenge
Join Kelley O’Hara in her passion to compete for a cause! KT Tape is excited to present their 2nd ever virtual fitness challenge to raise money for charity and provide rewards for your fitness! We have teamed up with our partner Folds of Honor as the receiving charity, as we strive to help them with their mission to support the families of the fallen. Register today to donate to charity, and for the next 20 days your challenge will be to hit your choice of workout every day for just 20 minutes a day, for 20 days in a row.
Register now to join the challenge! Click the “Join the Challenge” button to follow a link to the registration page via the FitRankings event platform and follow the instructions there to participate. Check back here often for race updates and event details!
- Register with a charity donation or or non-paid option
- Works across all devices
- Team up with professional athletes with a common goal
WHO: Anyone, anywhere, any age!
WHAT: Exercise for at least 20 minutes per day, for 20 days in a row.
WHY: A Summer kick-off challenge that is meant to raise money for Folds of Honor, helping to support the families of the fallen soldiers that fought for our freedom. If you purchase a registration ($25), you will be contributing to the charity donation, and you will receive a prize pack for registering (see Milestones tab for more info)!
WHEN: The event will kick off on Flag day (June 14th) and conclude as we all celebrate the Fourth of July!
- Choose your registration type: Click the “Join the Challenge” button to follow a link to sign up via the FitRankings website. There is a paid option for $25 that will contribute to Folds of Honor, plus you will earn a finisher prize upon completion (containing a $75 value of product), or there is a non-paid option to simply participate to reach a personal goal.
- Having Trouble Signing Up? GO HERE
- Connect your workout tracker: Connect your fitness tracker or app of your choice (options shown during registration). You can use any type of workout to add to your log of 20 minutes.
- Move for at least 20 minutes per day for all 20 days of the challenge to be eligible for earning prizes, unlocking mini-challenges, and gathering raffle tickets along the way! Do not forget to sync your workouts in the FitRankings app along the way to log your minutes.
- Follow progress on Instagram and check here frequently to stay up to date on event milestones and mini challenges.
- DETAILS: Track your progress as you achieve your daily goal as you go through the challenge. Each day, meeting the 20-minute daily movement goal will get you closer to earning flash giveaways from popular veteran-owned brands that have contributed to drive you toward your goals.
Born: August 4, 1988
Hometown: Peachtree City, GA
College: Stanford University
U.S. Olympic Team: 2012, 2016
Olympic Medals: Gold - 2012
Kelley has been a key member of the US Women’s team since earning her first cap in 2010. Since then, she has won two FIFA World Cup Championships, and an Olympic Gold Medal. The defender has made over 135 appearances for the national team and scored two goals. Kelley began her career as a forward, scoring 26 goals and providing 13 assists in her final season at Stanford. She currently plays in the NWSL for the Washington Spirit.
- Kelley was the Hermann Trophy winner in 2009, as well as an ESPN Academic All-America first team.
- She hosts a podcast on the Just Women’s Sports website, where she has open conversations with other female athletes.
- Known for being outgoing and adventurous, she is also avid surfer.
- One of only three US players to play every minute of the 2012 Olympic tournament.
Folds of Honor
HONOR THEIR SACRIFICE. EDUCATE THEIR LEGACY.
It began with Lieutenant Colonel Dan Rooney’s flight home from his second tour of duty in Iraq. An F-16 fighter pilot in the Oklahoma Air National Guard, he became painfully aware of the realities families face when a loved one in uniform is fallen or disabled.
As his flight landed, the pilot announced they carried the remains of Corporal Brock Bucklin on board. Lt. Colonel Rooney watched as Corporal Bucklin’s twin brother walked somberly alongside the flag-covered casket to meet his family on the tarmac. Among them was the deceased Corporal’s young son, Jacob.
Since that night, Lt Col Rooney has committed his life – through the Folds of Honor – to provide scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service members. Jacob Bucklin became the first Folds of Honor scholarship recipient in 2007.
Unlock prizes and savings straight to your inbox when you hit each milestone! You can work toward the ultimate goal of 20 minutes for 20 days straight, or just stick to your workout routine and see how you do. Each accomplished day will bring better deals along the way. The milestones will be tracked by the minutes you exercise each day, with a goal of 20 per day for 20 days, or 400 minutes!
Grand Prize Raffle
There will be a grand prize winner that will be chosen from a raffle at the conclusion of the event. This grand prize will include a KT Tape Endurance Bundle of products PLUS some exclusive swag signed by Kelley O’Hara, and other awesome products donated by veteran-owned businesses! Every participant will have at least one raffle entry, but there are many ways to earn more! Earn an extra entry by registering for the Folds of Honor+ option ($25 donation), hitting milestones, and posting pictures of your training on social media – make sure you tag @kttape and #kttapecharityseries so we can repost you!
When you opt to register for the Folds of Honor+ option ($25 donation), not only does a portion of your registration contribute to Folds of Honor Foundation, but you will also receive an exclusive prize pack* that includes some KT Tape products, a KT Tape branded cooler, and hand-picked product from Kelley O’Hara’s company: Beast – a $75 value! *Please allow for a few weeks to ship registration prize to you. Thanks!