KT Tape: Heel
HEEL PAIN SYMPTOMS
The heel is obviously a very important part of our lives. It takes a great deal of repetitive force with every step and can become susceptible to injury and pain as those steps become forceful. The pain can linger for many years and end up causing many other problems if not treated correctly. This KT Tape application can not only relieve the pain you feel, but help you to avoid the compensation injuries that arise from walking around on a painful heel*.
COMMON CAUSES OF HEEL PAIN
- Heel Spurs – bony growths that occur at the attachment of the plantar fascia to the heel bone.
- Degradation of the plantar fascia – this degradation of the collagen fibres is commonly referred to as plantar fasciitis. Once thought to be an inflammatory condition, plantar fasciitis is now thought to be caused by dysfunction near the attachment site.
- Fat Pad Contusion – caused by intense or repetitive impact. These conditions can cause the fat pad to be pushed away leaving less of a protective layer between the bones in the foot and the ground.
- Stress Fracture – very common in road runners, a stress fracture of the heel bone can be identified by re-creating the pain by squeezing the back of the heel.
- Compressed Nerves – there are many important nerves that travel along the bottom of the foot. There are also multiple bones that form the foot. When these nerves get in between these bones and become “pinched” there is a great deal of pain involved.
- Inflamed Bursae – bursae are small sacs of fluid that provide cushion and reduce friction between bones. When these sacs become inflamed they grow in size and cause pain.
KT Tape has been very helpful for general heel pain. KT Tape is a light and comfortable support structure that helps relieves pain. In short, KT Tape along with ice and rest will help relieve the pain and help promote the healing process*.
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Peroneal Tendonitis
- Ball of Foot
- Top of Foot
- Ankle Stability
- Turf Toe
For additional resources, please visit the KT Tape Forum.