Thinking about using KT Tape to tackle your first triathlon? Gale Bernhardt, former coach for both the mens and womens USA Triathlon teams, writes up the best 10 tips for first-time triathletes in this Active.com article. I don't know if it is accurate to write that triathlon is "the" fastest growing sport in the world; but it has definitely got to be in the top few. If you survey people that have completed a triathlon and ask them why they decided to participate in the sportwhat got them thereyou may get an answer included in the list below:
- I had too many running injuries and needed to do cross training to heal myself. Once I began cycling and swimming, I realized I enjoyed the variety and didn't want to stop.
- I wanted a new challenge, a change from my regular activities.
- It was a stake in the ground. I decided to make changes to my life and triathlon was the start.
- I wanted a way to celebrate my next birthday.
- I was decent at several sports and the idea of combining them into a single competition seemed to be to my advantage.
- I watched a multisport event and thought the madness looked like a lot of fun.
- It's a great way to stay fit because I get an overall workoutcycling and running do nothing for my upper body.
- My buddies and I made a bet. I say a good cyclist can slaughter a good runner or a good swimmer in a multisport event. My buddies disagree. I guess we'll just have to test those theories. Bring on the race.