We get tons of testimonials from KT Tape fans who say our kinesiology therapeutic athletic tape works like magic. We have folks telling us that no knee brace, ankle strap, or other traditional sports wrap compares to the mobility-friendly healing that KT Tape offers.
We even hear a lot of jokes that there must be some sort of voodoo magic embedded into each piece of our elasticized cotton athletic tape. After using KT Tape, they say their sports injuries become nothing but a bad memory.
We blush a little and try to remind people it's not magic; it's simply science and some really good engineering that makes our athletic tape so special. So if its not magic, then how exactly does KT Tape work its wonders?
Pretty simple actually!
- Ultralight Fibers: KT Tape Original is uses reinforced cotton sheathes designed to provide durability and increased strength. These cotton sheathes are embedded into weft yarn to provide uni-directional elasticity, allowing the tape to stretch in length but preventing the tape from stretching in width. These fibers ensure KT Tape will provide stable support without restricting motion.
- Ultra Breathable Synthetic Material: KT Tape PRO is made with even-more-breathable-than-cotton synthetic material, designed to dry quickly and provide longer-lasting recoil. Really just a fancy way of saying that with KT Tape PRO, you can enjoy the kinesiology benefits of KT Tape longer, designed for up to 7 days of comfortable and effective wear.
- Skin-like Elasticity: KT Tape uses a weave designed to provide 140% bilinear elasticity along the length of the tape, and no elasticity in the tapes width. 140% elasticity is critical because it is the same elasticity as human skin. By matching the elasticity in skin, and stretching lengthwise, KT Tape flexes and moves comfortably with the body's tissue, releasing and recoiling like a rubber-band.
- Strong Skin-Friendly Adhesives: The KT product design team spent hundreds of hours in R&D developing the perfectly balanced adhesive, a latex-free adhesive that is applied in a specialized wave pattern on the back of the tape creating a gentle but extremely effective bond to the skin. Plus, KT Tape is tested with dermatologists and is hypoallergenic.
- Depending on how it is applied, KT Tape supports, enables, or restricts soft tissue and its movement. By stretching and recoiling like a rubber band, KT Tape augments tissue function and helps deliver the pain relief and support you've come to expect and rely on. Learn more about 'how it works' here!